Also, for anyone who wasn't at SS this morning, we would like to start a small group study on parenting. Here are the details we came up with:
- meet second Saturday of each month - to start in January
- 7:30-8:30 ish or later if you factor in fellowship afterwards
- volunteers to bring snacks/drinks
- meet at church (possibly fellowship hall??)
- open to any one who is a parent, grandparent, or would like to be a parent someday.
- Study Material = Born to Be a Blessing: A Parent's Guide to Raising Christian Children by Mrytle E. Felkner
- I'm guessing each person/couple would purchase thier own book ($11.90 on Amazon + free shipping with orders over $25)
- We still need to get this approved with Larry & ask about using the church on a monthly basis
- We talked about doing babysitting at the church, but voted against it. We would like a hassle free night for parents to fellowship and study together. It was also suggested that parents could split up and take turns staying home with kiddos each month, or find a babysitter if both want to attend.
- If we get a large number, we could always break off into small groups for the discussion.
Have a great week!