Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update

As promised I would update you on the progress of Matt and his tests. WE have not heard back about his ECHO that he had, so we are assuming that all was fine. My mom said that if there was something seriously wrong or a trigger they would have called by now.

In other news, he had another Doctor appt. this week and we found out last night that Matt has to get hearing aides. I am not sure if this is a good thing, but he seems ok with it. He was telling me all about it tonight. After my parents explained what was happening Matt has some nero hearing( it's a big long word that I can't even pronounce let alone spell) problem and these aides will help him. I guess they look like little computer chips, and they have an upkeep of battery change every week to 10 days. They have been molded and we are waiting on the call to get the first batch. Th Doctor told my parents that they have never seen this in an 32 year old, but we must remember that Matthew is really has 20 years on him(that is what the Downs Syndrome does to individual like Matthew) and is on the right track for having things like this tested.

I will not be in church Sunday as I will be away with my mom and Grandma on a scrapbook/card making weekend. Please keep us in your prayers,but more importantly Matt. See you Next week, and hopefully more updates as they come! Thanks for being such a great class, I am honored to be apart of it. Thanks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the update.